As described in Carbs, The Newly Found Death Sentence on diabetes control;
- Type 2 diabetes is caused primarily by obesity and carbs play amajor part in obesity. Carbs cause diabetes because of their need for insulin to be turned into fat so the body can use it. This is the beginning of a downhill spiral that forces the body to make adjustments that it would never have to do if it were on a diet of protein and fats instead of carbohydrates. Because carbs have to be broken down to their most basic sugar, glucose to be used as a fuel, the glucose flows through your bloodstream before it can be metabolized on a cellular level, to be used for that fuel. Glucose needs insulin, to be turned into fat to be digested, to use for energy. Glucose cannot enter the cell without insulin to turn
it into fat. The problem is, most of the glucose after it gets turned into fat, it gets stored as fat in any one of the multitude of fat cells on your body. This takes place in the visceral fat (fat around the internal organs) first and foremost, where it’s the most dangerous. The more carbs you eat, the more insulin your body needs to metabolize those carbs and with a body full of sugar (carbs), you need a lot of insulin to turn all those sugars into fat. After processing a diet full of high carbohydrate food over your lifetime, your body starts to have problems, manufacturing enough insulin, so you can continue to digest the carbs you continue to eat. Because your insulin production can’t keep up with your carb intake, the sugar doesn’t get turned into fat and stays in your bloodstream as sugar. It begins to build up in your blood system and you become diabetic. Hence the name insulin-dependent diabetes or type two diabetes. Remove the carbs, remove the excess blood glucose. If you remove the glucose from the equation, you remove diabetes. If you take away the carbs, you take away the obesity and excess glucose. Can it really be that simple? Duh!
The fact that carbs are the major cause of diabetes, should be a warning to all who continue to eat this food. But what should alarm everyone, is what the excess sugar does, that carbs put into your blood because it’s this excess sugar that’s so deadly.
This is what causes the plaque buildup in your system and it’s this plaque, that kills. Plaque is by far the worst manifestation of a carbohydrate diet. It happens when a sugar molecule combines with any fat, cholesterol or protein molecule and displays the true destructive force of sugar on your body. According to Wikipedia, there are seven different kinds of plaque, Amyloid, Atheroma, Dental plaque, Mucoid plaque, Pleural plaque, Senile plaques, Viral plaque. We’re going to look at only 4 of these though.
By far the worst of the plaques caused by digesting wheat and gluten is amyloid plaque, because of all the diseases it has a role in. According to Wikipedia;
- “Amyloids are insoluble fibrous protein aggregates sharing specific structural traits. They are insoluble and arise from at least 18 inappropriately folded versions of proteins and polypeptides present naturally in the body. These misfolded structures alter their proper configuration such that they erroneously interact with one another or other cell components forming insoluble fibrils. They have been associated with the pathology of more than 20 serious human diseases in that abnormal accumulation of amyloid fibrils in organs may lead to amyloidosis, and may play a role in various neurodegenerative disorders.” The list of diseases caused by amyloid plaque is quite extensive, ranging from Alzheimer’s disease to Diabetes, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s diseases and more. the list on Wikipedia is 21 diseases and disorders or conditions associated with amyloid plaque. In my opinion, amyloid plaque is caused by the digestion of gluten from any source, whether it be wheat, barley or rye. Wikipedia says; “Studies have shown that amyloid deposition is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction and a resulting generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS), which can initiate a signaling pathway leading to apoptosis.” In short amyloid plaque is caused by oxidative stress and cell death, both of which are caused by consumption of gluten and other high starch products.
- Atheromatous Plaques are basically plaques from fats and is the type of plaque that clogs up your artery walls. This is the type of plaque that causes atherosclerosis and leads to heart and cardiovascular disease.
- Dental plaque is caused by the excessive amount of sugar on the teeth, creating bacteria, causing decay. (Remember, carbs = sugar.)
- “Senile plaques (also known as neuritic plaques, senile druse and brain druse) are extracellular deposits of amyloid beta in the grey matter of the brain.” They cause diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, and play a role in most every other cognitive disorder due to the way this plaque gums of the neurons in your brain.
This is why Type 3 diabetes is considered dementia or brain damage and this is the major reason you don’t want to play around with type 2 diabetes, the next step is the loss of your senses, and you won’t even know it, as you won’t realize it as it happens.
So, how do you stop diabetes? It’s actually a simple decision, stop eating foods that contain wheat. The problem is that following through on this decision is it’s the hardest thing you’ll ever have to achieve. The easiest path to this goal is explained at Carbs, How To Cut Back.
Special thanks to © Wavebreakmedia Ltd | Dreamstime.com – Composite image of stop diabetes