The Newly Discovered Death Sentence of Starches & Carbohydrates
I know you’ve been told that you need your carbs, that they’re healthy for you and that they must make up a major part of your diet. How long have they been at the bottom of our food pyramid, telling us,
they should make up the largest portion of our meals? How long have we been heeding this message? I’ve been doing it all my life. Haven’t you?
But what if what you’ve been told was wrong?
What if we don’t need them in the quantities we’ve been told to eat them? Can you eat too many of them? Who doesn’t? It’s easy to do. That’s due to their addictive nature. We’ll get deeper into that, later.
What if you don’t need carbohydrates at all?
Can you live without them?
Can you live without them and still be healthy?
The question I would rather ask, if you can be healthier without them, wouldn’t you want to be?
I can tell you right now, you can actually live healthier without them. I can tell you that you can live much easier without them. I can tell you that I live with less pain without them and you too can live with less pain without them. I can tell you that you’ll have fewer headaches without them, I don’t have headaches anymore. I can tell you that you that you won’t have intestinal problems anymore and i can tell you that you can save your brain and make it smarter, without them. Does this mean that you were lied to in the past, when you were told that they had to be the largest portion of your diet? to eat them in excess? Examine the evidence, analyze and assess the information, then you be the judge.
You Do Not Need Carbohydrates.
At least, you don’t need them in the amounts that people everywhere are eating them. By everywhere, I mean everywhere. No place can be found where carbs are not a major part of the diet. To narrow down the problem with carbs, this post and entire site, in general, deals entirely with the high starchy carbs you find in all cereal grains, primarily wheat, barley, and rye because of the gluten that comes with it. But that’s only part of it, which we’ll talk about later in greater detail, because when you ingest gluten, you also eat gliadin. This is the part of wheat that can cause brain damage. That’s something else that we’ll talk about later, in greater detail when we look at how carbs have the capacity to shrink your brain.
But we should start with why you should limit your carbohydrate intake to as little as possible. For starters, to ensure yourself better health, lower weight and most importantly, less illness and disease throughout your life. Secondly, to reduce your pain levels by reducing inflammation. Thirdly, to reduce headaches of any nature. and fourthly, to get better sleep. The full gamut of benefits is really much greater and is covered on the benefits posts of a Life Without Carbs and My Life Without Carbs.
Because your body can’t burn carbohydrates (sugars), it has to turn them into fat, so they can use for fuel. Your body burns fat, not carbs. It actually likes fat so much, it would much rather have it spoon fed to it rather than make its own. The problem with using carbs to supply your fat, is that the fat it turns into, is not a good fat. Because carbs need insulin to be turned into fat, the insulin instructs that fat to go to storage, so all of it gets stored, instead of being used, and this is where the problem begins. It’s the consumption of this starchy food that leads to the massive amounts of weight gain that everyone who eats it, experiences. But then, most of you already know this. It’s just impossible to quit eating it, because of its addictive nature.
Time for a disclaimer;
Not all people are subject to this weight gain from cereal grains, only about 90% of us are. That means, about 10% of the population have no intolerances to wheat, gluten or any of the components that come with it. That also means that for 90% of us, we do have an intolerance to it. That means, for 90% of us, we express an allergic reaction to it. The problem with that is, the allergic reaction we experience is weight gain, and this ‘expansion‘ happens, whether it’s wanted or not. Anyone of us who has any kind of an intolerance to wheat, gluten or any other components of this grain will express this ‘expansion’, when we eat it.
Whether you want to accept it or not, carbs are dangerous.
I know you probably don’t want to accept this but bear with me, it’s necessary for you to know what you’re putting in your body and what’s it’s doing to you. Even the smallest amount causes your body distress. This is why we shouldn’t be eating this food, to begin with, remember, (bread = carbs = disease = death);
For the short list, Carbs are responsible for;
Primary Cause of type 2 diabetes
Primary Cause of Celiac Disease
Primary Cause of headaches
Primary Cause of Peripheral Neuropathy
Primary Cause of dementia and brain damage (type 3 diabetes)
Primary Cause of heart disease
Contribute to a multitude of gastrointestinal disorders
Are the major contributor to more than half of all cancers
Are the primary cause of LDL particles (“bad” cholesterol)
Primary Cause of Epileptic Seizures
Primary Contributor to Arthritis
Addictive Nature Making Them as
Deadly as Heroin, Cocaine, Tobacco and Alcohol.
Primary Thief of Emotional Control
Primary Cause of Of Tooth Decay
Primary Cause of cause of aging
This can be validated by reading Wheat Belly and Grain Brain. Both of these publications will fully explain what these carbs do to you as well as how they do it. (Which is also covered in the rest of the posts on this site) Let’s take a closer look, right now, at the above manifestations that can and do occur from ingesting this food.
- Type 2 diabetes is caused primarily by obesity and carbs play a
major role in obesity. Carbs cause diabetes because of their need for insulin to be turned into fat so the body can use it. This is the beginning of a downhill spiral that forces the body to make adjustments that it would never have to do, if it were on a diet of protein and fats instead of carbohydrates. Because carbs have to be broken down to their most basic sugar, glucose to be used as a fuel, the glucose flows through your bloodstream before it can be metabolized on a cellular level, to be used for that fuel. Glucose needs insulin, to be turned into fat to be digested, to use for energy. Glucose cannot enter the cell without insulin to turn it into fat. The problem is, most of the glucose, after it gets turned into fat, it gets stored as fat in any one of the multitude of fat cells on your body. This takes place in the visceral fat (fat around the internal organs) first and foremost, where it’s the most dangerous. The more carbs you eat, the more insulin your body needs to metabolize those carbs and with a body full of sugar (carbs), you need a lot of insulin to turn all those sugars into fat. After processing a diet full of high carbohydrate food over your lifetime, your body starts to have problems, manufacturing enough insulin, so you can continue to digest the carbs you continue to eat. Because your insulin production can’t keep up with your carb intake, the sugar doesn’t get turned into fat and stays in your bloodstream as sugar. It begins to build up in your blood system and you become diabetic. Hence the name insulin-dependent diabetes or type two diabetes. Remove the carbs, remove the excess blood glucose. If you remove the glucose from the equation, you remove diabetes. If you take away the carbs, you take away the obesity and excess glucose. Can it really be that simple? Duh!
- They cause headaches Dr. Perlmutter, in his book, Grain Brain, takes 12 pages to explain how headaches are caused by carbohydrates, wheat and gluten in particular. As Dr. Perlmutter is a board-certified neurologist and a nutritionist, I trust him. Wouldn’t you? Shouldn’t you?
- Peripheral Neuropathy Peripheral neuropathy (PN) is damage to or disease affecting nerves, which may impair sensation, movement, gland or organ function, or other aspects of health, depending on the type of nerve affected. Wikipedia says, It is important to recognize that glucose levels in the blood may spike to nerve-damaging levels after eating, even though fasting blood sugar levels and average blood glucose levels may still remain below normal levels (currently they typically are considered below 100 mg/dL for fasting blood plasma and 6.0% for HGBA1c, the test commonly used to measure average blood glucose levels over an extended period). Studies have shown that many of the cases of peripheral small fiber neuropathy with typical symptoms of tingling, pain, and loss of sensation in the feet and hands are due to glucose intolerance before a diagnosis of diabetes or pre-diabetes. Such damage often is reversible, particularly in the early stages, with changes in diet, exercise, and weight loss.” According to Dr. Davis, “A common cause of peripheral neuropathy is diabetes. High blood sugars occurring repeatedly over several years damage the nerves in the legs, causing reduced sensation (thus allowing a diabetic to step on a thumbtack without knowing it), diminished control over blood pressure and heart rate, and sluggish emptying of the stomach (diabetic gastroparesis), among other manifestations of a nervous system gone haywire.” He goes on to say, “Of 35 gluten-sensitive patients with peripheral neuropathy who were tested positive for the antigliadin antibody, the twenty-five participants on a wheat- and gluten-free diet improved over one year, while the ten control participants who did not remove wheat and gluten deteriorated.” and ” Formal studies of nerve conduction gluten-consuming group were also performed, demonstrating improved nerve conduction in the wheat- and gluten-free group, and deterioration in the wheat- and gluten-consuming group.”
- Celiac disease Celiac disease is caused by a reaction to gliadin, a prolamin (gluten protein) found in wheat, and similar proteins found in the crops of the tribe Triticeae (which includes other common grains such as barley and rye). Gluten—which is Latin for “glue”—is a protein composite that acts as an adhesive material, binding flour together to make bread products, including crackers, baked goods, pasta and pizza dough. It’s this dough that likes to gum things up. Remember the last time you pigged out on pizza? Remember the indigestion? You think, that came from the sauce? Think again.
- Dementia and Brain Damage Wheat is associated with dementia and brain dysfunction, triggering an immune response that infiltrates memory and mind. Dr. William Davis explains it best in his best seller, Wheat Belly, “In one particularly disturbing Mayo Clinic study of thirteen patients with the recent diagnosis of celiac disease, dementia was also diagnosed. Of those thirteen, frontal lobe biopsy (yes, brain biopsy) or postmortem examination of the brain failed to identify any other pathology beyond that associated with wheat gluten exposure. Prior to death or biopsy, the most common symptoms were memory loss, the inability to perform simple arithmetic, confusion, and change in personality. Of the thirteen, nine died due to progressive impairment of brain function.” Yes, you read that right: fatal dementia from wheat ingestion. Dr Perlmutter explains it in more detail in Grain Brain. If you want to join all the other seniors who are all losing their minds to Alzheimer’s disease or dementia of any sort, all you have to do is to continue to eat your bread, pasta, crackers, pancakes, donuts, tortillas and other wheat products and you’ll be right there with everyone else. When was the last time you misplaced your keys or forgot something? But look on the bright side of it, if you want to keep eating your donuts, you can, as long as you don’t mind that you won’t get to bathe yourself after a while, because you’ll soon have it done for you. I talk more about why this happens.
- Heart disease (cardiovascular disease) has too many risk factors to list here, because there are many kinds of cardiovascular disease, but one of the biggest of concern, is the excess sugar in the blood (diabetes), as well obesity (excess weight the body need to supply blood to), as well as the high blood pressure and the high amount of plaque in the blood due to the glycation of cholesterol thanks to the extra sugar in the blood. It is estimated that 90% of Heart disease is preventable. All the causes listed here are caused by eating wheat. Life Insurance agents have to ask 4 times the standard premium to submit an application for a policy on anyone who had both diabetes and high blood pressure, because of the high underwriting risk. If they want a policy, they have to pay 4 times the standard premium because of their condition. And the condition is preventable. What’s keeping you from declaring your independence?
- Gastrointestinal disorders by gumming up your digestive system with the gluten that comes with all wheat, especially the high gluten bread and pizza dough. All this glue sticks to the walls of your intestines blocking the digestion of other foods as well as itself. Everyone I know who loves to consume their daily pastries, pasta, biscuits, rolls and crackers, already know about the cramps that build up in their stomachs, due to the amount of undigested food that can’t get through the glue to get digested. This gluten, that’s in wheat, barley, spelt, rye and almost every other variant of wheat, is the substance that causes all the damage to your digestive tract. This glue plays a major role in acid indigestion, acid reflux, heartburn, constipation, nausea, and even general stomach upset. With 10 different disorders of the digestive tract, gluten plays a gumming role in each one of them. You know the gas and bloating you get, sometimes after a meal? Guess what? Yeah, the major cause of that can be tracked to starchy carbs. And it’s not even included in the above list. I can’t help but wonder why people continue to eat this pseudo-food. I keep finding OTC medicine, that I’ve been purchasing over the years, just to combat; excess gas and bloating, acid indigestion, acid reflux, nausea, constipation, diarrhea, worse yet ulcers. All of these manifestations could be curbed with the reduction of wheat and grains in our diets. That gurgling you just heard from your stomach, was that your stomach telling you to get your act together, and stop the carb intake?
- Cancer gets its assist from the excess sugar that’s continuously circulating in your blood. It keeps your ph levels in an acidic range which is an invitation to illness and disease. Acidosis is not something you want to have to deal with, with all the problems that it can produce. “Healthy human-arterial blood pH varies between 7.35 and 7.45. Changes in the pH of arterial blood (and therefore the extracellular fluid) outside this range result in irreversible cell damage.“Cancer loves it when your blood ph levels go into acidosis from the amount of sugar, carbs dump into your blood. This is what leaves your body open for attack, from a multitude of illnesses and diseases, cancer only being one of them. A more complicated explanation of how carbs cause cancer is in the post about the Diseases Caused By Plaque. Again, if cancer gets an assist from carbs, doesn’t it make sense that if you took away the carbs, you’d, at the least, hamper the disease’s, progression, if not stop it altogether. Can it be that simple? Can you give me a reason not try it and find out?
- Epileptic seizures A peculiar syndrome of temporal lobe seizures unresponsive to seizure medications and triggered by
calcium deposition in a part of the temporal lobe called the hippocampus (responsible for forming new memories) has been associated with both celiac disease and gluten sensitivity (positive antigliadin antibodies and HLA markers without intestinal disease).
- Arthritis is a disease of inflammation, which is aggravated by wheat more than anything else, because of the amount of sugar it dumps into the bloodstream. Few other sources of sugar are higher than bread and wheat products. Not even table sugar itself. Arthritis is caused by inflammation. Inflammation is influenced by the amount of glucose in your blood, which is influenced by the number of carbs you eat. Again, can it be that simple? Remove the carbs and you can ease, if not eliminate, it’s influence on Arthritis.
- Addiction According to Dr. Davis, “There is no doubt: For some people, wheat is addictive.” It has to do with the effect it has on our neurotransmitters and neuropeptides, primarily Serotonin and Endorphins. “Endorphins (“endogenous morphine”) are endogenous opioid neuropeptides.” They’re the feel-good neuropeptides. This is the same neuropeptide that’s activated by alcohol, tobacco, heroin, cocaine, marijuana and all other substances of an addictive nature, that give you the ‘morphine‘ feeling. When was the last time, you had to have something to eat? What was it, you hungered for? How long was it before you had eaten the previous time? How long can you go without eating? I often go 18 hours a day eating enough for 1 snack, because of my keto diet. Can you?
- Emotional Distress and Disorder takes place every time you ingest this food, in any form, it’s ingested, this is directly due to the to the fluctuations in your blood glucose, caused by the consumption of wheat and grain foods. Blood sugars go up, moods rise. blood sugars go down, moods depress. It’s that simple. The point I want to bring up, is it’s the rise and fall of your blood sugars that have the biggest impact on your emotional status and hence your emotional health. This in itself leads to behavior that, many times, should never occur in the first place. And it would never occur in the first place, if it weren’t for the abundance of this food in our diet. Behavior like violence, propagated by anger and antagonism. Both of these emotions are influenced as much, if not more than anything else, by the foods we eat. I submit that these fluctuations in emotional levels, are due to the changes in blood glucose, in all who eat this food, and all have been influenced by it. If you remove the wheat and grains, you remove the influence. If you remove the influence, you can easier retain your senses. It’s that simple. Behavior driven by fear, is quite possibly the biggest danger our society faces, and this food source is a major cause of driving this behavior, because of it’s palatable nature. Sugar tastes good. People love to ear it. Mass consumption of it alters the emotional status of everyone who eats it, when their blood sugars fluctuate. It’s these fluctuations that cause a large majority of the abhorrent behavior that pervades society everywhere. It’s these fluctuations combined with the influence of mass media that are driving most of the terrorism in the world today. This theft of your emotional control, is what makes you a slave to corporate influence and subject to their desires, not your desires. How long do you want to keep your mental faculties?
- They Rob You Of Your Teeth Ask any archaeologist, The appearance of rotten teeth marked the beginning of the agricultural age in our ancient history. It moved us from being hunter-gatherers to farmers. Even though this transition was one of the first moves into civilization, It also served to introduce our bodies to the ravages of carbohydrate nutrition. Fortunately, for our ancestor’s sake, it wasn’t as dangerous then, as it is, now. It hadn’t been genetically modified. The wheat that was grown at that time was unmodified einkorn. It didn’t rob us of our senses, then, because it didn’t fluctuate blood sugars to the extent, that all wheat and grain products it does today. Whatever was eaten had 100 times the fiber in it to slow down the absorption of sugars into the system, fluctuating the blood glucose, in the massive ways they do today. Hence, they didn’t cause the diseases, then, that it causes today. I submit, that it this sudden fluctuation in sugars, that is causing 88% of all illnesses and diseases, that we have to deal with in our modern society. That, in itself, makes us victims of our own advancement, going back to the start of civilization. But, that’s only looking at the past, at the reason why we’re ingesting this food that ruins our teeth. Now, for why it does that. Most of you already know why. It can be summed up in one word, sugar. Sugar rots teeth. Not meat, not cheese, not eggs, not fat, nothing that we consume rots teeth like carbohydrates do. The gluten that we love so much, makes it stick to our teeth, and this is where it begins to do its damage. The sugars work there way into the enamel of your teeth and the decay begins. You brush it away, you floss it away, and you do the best you very can, to keep your teeth as clean as possible. And when you make it to your 75 birthday, you pat yourself on the back, for still having all of your teeth. Or, do you? Have there been times when you couldn’t brush and floss? Do you brush every time you take a sip of a sweet drink or a drink of alcohol? All the sugar contained in those liquids, swirls around your mouth for hours and hours, working on decaying your teeth. Remove the sugar, remove the decay. It’s that simple.
- Carbs are the root cause of aging due to the AGEs that they cause. This factor is at the root of so many disorders and diseases, that it deserves a blog of its own. Read it here
With all of these ailments, illnesses, diseases, disorders, afflictions, and discomfort being caused by these carbs,
The questions I keep asking myself,
Who in their right mind would ever agree to submit themselves to this torture, by eating them?
Those who don’t know that they do!
Most of us know that sugar is bad for us, but what too many don’t want to fully recognize, is that carbs are sugar. With bread being the most popular carb we eat, every time we eat bread, we know that we’re eating carbs, but we don’t want to equate those carbs with sugar, while in all actuality they are. If Sugar Kills, Carbs Kill.
We know that Sugar Kills, but we don’t want to listen to that song because of our addiction to it.
All of the manifestations listed above have been documented in several publications, but they’ve seldom been presented for review and examination, to the medical community. Not until Dr’s Davis’ and Perlmutter’s books, Wheat Belly and Grain Brain, came forth to warn us about the atrocities this supposedly nutritious food has been doing to us, did we even know we were eating something that is so poisonous (at least to the 90% of us, who are allergic to it).
This, in my estimation, is the biggest problem. Most people are allergic to it. I estimate that more than 90% of the population have some sort of intolerance to wheat, gluten or the gliadin that’s in the wheat. That says, that more than 90% of the people are allergic to bread, pasta, crackers, cereals like Wheaties, Wheat Germ, or Special K (to name just a few), any breaded chicken, shrimp, veal, all breaded fried appetizers, all pastries, all nutrition bars, all cereal bars, anything that has any percentage of wheat or wheat substance in it. The list is too long, even for the length of this post. The question this begs, is why is this food still advertised as being healthy?
If 90% of the population, (as I speculate) are allergic to wheat, that explains the claim that I made at the beginning of this post,
You Do Not Need Carbohydrates.
If you’re one of the 90% who is allergic to them, you’d be much better off without them. With as many problems as this food brings with it, it makes absolutely no sense to continue eating it except to feed your addiction. So this brings us to our next problem, getting off of our addiction to them.
The question is then, how do we stop eating them? How do we get this food that’s been such an important part of our diet since time immemorial, out of our diet? For that, you’ll have to continue on to Carbs, how to cut back.”
If anybody feels that any of these conclusions are nothing more than opinion, my challenge to you is, prove me wrong. I invite you to research any and all statements, facts, data of any sort, or links, that I’ve provided in these posts, to invalidate anything. I’ll even go to the extent to challenge anyone to prove me wrong, in any of my statements. It will generate a good civil discussion, and that’s something I can look forward to, anytime.
My sincere wish, is that everyone who reads these pages verifies and validates what they read. Only then will they know that the information contained within this site is 100% valid. Maybe then, all who read this, will change their behavior and in turn, change the behavior of the whole world.
My challenge to you, is to give a low carb diet a try, for 2 months. If you don’t see any benefit after just 2 months, of abstinence, go back to your high carb diet. But please, prepare yourself to suffer the consequences. You must have given it an honest try, and not cheated at all, for this to work. Any deviation, will not let your body go into ketosis and that’s what’s important. You have to look at it like your life depends on it, because, it does.